Added Jun 22, 2011
as part of my summer sewing goal, I wanted to make a few pairs of shorts based off my favorite RTW pair. I made a bunch of measurements and drafted my own pattern.
This is the wearable muslin I made, compared to the original shorts. I changed the back pockets a little, and eliminated the belt loops. It turned exactly how I wanted, except that I made the waistband a smidgen too big (I’ve been wearing them anyway).
With my drafted pattern validated, the next pairs should be pretty quick to crank out.
more summer sewing on my blog
$2 wool blend, cotton sateen pocket lining
Check out this sneak peel of this Thursday's live web seminar
Chat sewing inspiration with the instructor behind our mood board and fashion design course!
Enter to win weekly drawings and a fabulous grand prize!
The lines of Greek architecture inspire this neutral and pastel collection.
Meg's Magazine Mash Up!
Check out Meg's variation of our Drawstring Gym Shorts, and see how she made them high-fashion!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.