Added Jun 22, 2011
as part of my summer sewing goal, I wanted to make a few pairs of shorts based off my favorite RTW pair. I made a bunch of measurements and drafted my own pattern.
This is the wearable muslin I made, compared to the original shorts. I changed the back pockets a little, and eliminated the belt loops. It turned exactly how I wanted, except that I made the waistband a smidgen too big (I’ve been wearing them anyway).
With my drafted pattern validated, the next pairs should be pretty quick to crank out.
more summer sewing on my blog
$2 wool blend, cotton sateen pocket lining
Design your own dresses with the latest special price technique kit.
Check out these new costume sewing patterns for the whole family!
Member Project of the Week
EstherMarguerite modified this halter style with straps and a fun Hawaiian print.
4 weekly drawings, including a Grand Prize valued at more than $4,000!
Sign up for Meg Healy's tailoring course, now until 10/7.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.