Added Jul 11, 2013
After doing a muslin of the bodice I cut a size 8 yoke front and back, a size 10 front and back bodice graded to a 12 and a size 12 midriff section. After reading some reviews on the webs about the skirt gathers I cut a size 10 skirt front and back.
The bodice is underlined with the batiste and finished with french seams. The skirt is just lined with the batiste. The technique for adding a side zip and a pocket in the same place is the a new one for me and I am pretty happy with how it turned out.
The dress is very comfortable and is as light as air. I am very pleased.
Of note, I muslined the bodice and decided not to raise the “V” but after finsihing the real version I found the “v” much deeper than I had origionally calculated. I still really like it and don’t have problems with that much chest showing but if you are concerned about it, I would raise the “v” there some.
Made from cotton lawn from JoAnn’s Lisette collection and lined with cotton batiste from FabricDepot.
Twists on feminine classics, like a bold patterned shift dress and pants with a racing stripe.
Member Project of the Week
Short jackets like this zebra print bomber by Anniemollison are a must for spring.
The latest pattern bundle features nine vintage reissues from the 50s and 60s.
Pick one of 5 patterns for a new kind of sew along
Fashion & Trends
See steps on how Meg sewed herself a transitional Jersey suit using colorful jerseys!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.