Added Feb 22, 2008
Oakdale, South W...
I really fancied the JJ blouse but not very sure about all the frills on the front so I opted for one row although I have made the other pieces up.
About three years ago I bought myself a new “all sing and dancing” machine so I’ve now decided to see what it does. The seams on the blouse aren’t neaten on the inside, as I used a decorative stitch on the front and back princess seams. I was lucky as the stitch caught the edges on the unfinished edge on the wrong side. As I haven’t used these decorative stitches I didn’t know that it uses lots of thread so I had to order more over the Internet as I couldn’t buy it locally. So the whole thing took longer than it would have. I also didn’t like creating the sleeve opening – I haven’t been dress making for at least 12 years – so had to make another sleeve up. So all you beginners out there remember even those people who’s been sewing for 30 years + (is it that long?) still make messes on their project. Just have a go again!
I have worn the blouse to work and found that the buttons weren’t in the right place so I had gaps where there shouldn’t be so I’ll be putting more buttons and buttonhole to fill them in. A large number of people were impressed by my creation.
I’m now in the process of making up other options of the blouse. I may even put the other frills on this one.
It’s a lovely cherry red dotted material. It has an amount of cotton as it has a limited stiffness to it. I really don’t know much about the material as I’ve had it for about 15 years. I had previously made a long sleeved shirt with it.
JJ for the design and Burdastye for creating the pattern.
Mu husband for going to sleep in the evenings and allowing me to get on with my sewing!