Dorothy (Finally!!)

Added Apr 1, 2011

by queenieslear...

Simpsonville, So...

Sta70403_thumb

Views

809

Dscf7399_large

Description

I’ve been dying to make these slippers FOREVER but I kept putting it off because I wasn’t sure about sizing it up. I wear a US size 10 shoe and wasn’t sure if the pattern would be big enough. Finally, one day I said “What the heck” and just went for it. I figured I would use scrap upholstery fabric I had been given. I didn’t want to use my good stuff just in case I totally screwed them up.

The top pattern piece is definitely big enough. I did add a 1/4 in seam allowance though. For the sole piece I traced one of my flip flops and it actually ended up being too big which is the center seam in the back isn’t centered. Overall I’m very happy with how they came out and I plan on using these to make myself a better sole pattern for future endeavors.

I’m also planning to use this pattern to make shoes with rubber soles that I will be able to wear outside. I’ve think I’ve got a pretty good idea of how to go about it but we shall see. I will be sure to let everyone know how they turn out once I give them a try.

Material Notes

FREE upholstery fabric scraps

Difficulty

Novice

Categories

For
Women
Garment Type
Accessories

Credits

adys

0 Comments

    • This is a question
  1. Sign in to add a post

Add to Favorites no one added it

This project is based on

Burdastyle

http://burdastyle.com//projects/dorothy-finally