Added Mar 22, 2014
I made this project a while back when a friend of mine who is totally crazy about the 50’ies requested it. We went and bought 8 m of tulle and some satin (I think 1.5 m for the both of us). She wanted it to be bright neon green (not really my favourite colour), and I got tagged along in her enthusiasm (and I do like the way it turned out). I must admit it’s pretty lively and looks pretty peeking out of your dress, and most importantly (and now I’m quoting) not as boring as a broken white one…
Design your own dresses with the latest special price technique kit.
Check out these new costume sewing patterns for the whole family!
Member Project of the Week
EstherMarguerite modified this halter style with straps and a fun Hawaiian print.
4 weekly drawings, including a Grand Prize valued at more than $4,000!
Sign up for Meg Healy's tailoring course, now until 10/7.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.