Added Nov 6, 2009
BWOF 8/2009 #106 pattern with few minor alterations.
I deepened the top back panels to fit my bottom (standard alteration I do on pants) and narrowed the waist a bit. Other than taht, the pants fit me well.
The waist is interfaced with fusible interfacing. I thought some boning would help keep the waist up. However, since I didn’t have any boning in my notions stash, I improvised a bit. I cut 2cm wide strips of horse hair canvas and used them as boning. I hand sewed the strips to the seam allowances of the waist. The result is great – the waist has some firmness, and it is very comfortable.
I am wearing the pants with my “JJ pattern redrafted” shirt – you can see that I narrowed it at the waist, and I think it looks much better now. This shirt goes well with high waisted skirts and pants.
Some Tweedy fabric
RSVP for The Sewing Party and take a peek at exciting classes you won't find anywhere else.
Exotic prints and silhouettes combine for this alluring collection
Fashion & Trends
While Sewing Their Own Halloween Costume (in GIFs!)
Member Project of the Week
Rwest1014's created this gorgeous skirt to wear Halloween after Halloween.
Comment To Win
Get your copy of BurdaStyle Modern Sewing: Wardrobe Essentials today!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.