Added Nov 6, 2009
BWOF 8/2009 #106 pattern with few minor alterations.
I deepened the top back panels to fit my bottom (standard alteration I do on pants) and narrowed the waist a bit. Other than taht, the pants fit me well.
The waist is interfaced with fusible interfacing. I thought some boning would help keep the waist up. However, since I didn’t have any boning in my notions stash, I improvised a bit. I cut 2cm wide strips of horse hair canvas and used them as boning. I hand sewed the strips to the seam allowances of the waist. The result is great – the waist has some firmness, and it is very comfortable.
I am wearing the pants with my “JJ pattern redrafted” shirt – you can see that I narrowed it at the waist, and I think it looks much better now. This shirt goes well with high waisted skirts and pants.
Some Tweedy fabric
Design your own dresses with the latest special price technique kit.
Check out these new costume sewing patterns for the whole family!
Member Project of the Week
EstherMarguerite modified this halter style with straps and a fun Hawaiian print.
4 weekly drawings, including a Grand Prize valued at more than $4,000!
Sign up for Meg Healy's tailoring course, now until 10/7.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.