Added Apr 13, 2013
by Meg Hardin
I made this dress to wear to the rehearsal dinner for my cousin’s wedding using the Butterick B5781 pattern. It fits wonderfully, however I’m 99.9% sure that I cut the wrong front bodice size. I fixed the problem by creating a small gather at the bust (which I’ve grown to like), but you can be sure that I’ll be trying this pattern again in the future the correct way. This is also my first ever dress with pockets! It wasn’t nearly as difficult as I expected, and the addition always seems to come in handy.
Design your own dresses with the latest special price technique kit.
Check out these new costume sewing patterns for the whole family!
Member Project of the Week
EstherMarguerite modified this halter style with straps and a fun Hawaiian print.
4 weekly drawings, including a Grand Prize valued at more than $4,000!
Sign up for Meg Healy's tailoring course, now until 10/7.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.