Added Aug 30, 2009
Durban, South Af...
Grey and red floral stretch dress made from the Danielle pattern with a few alterations.
The top doesn’t have any darts and I added onto it on the fold to create gathers in the centre. I removed the darts from the back and cut the back top and bottom skirt as one piece. The front skirt is just an a-line and doesn’t include the pleats that the Danielle pattern does. I added a small frill to the neckline and then sewed red velvet ribbon to cover the joining seam. I also added a bigger frill to the hem and then covered the seam with the same ribbon. I used a gathered sleeve from another pattern and sheared the sleeve hem to give it a gathered look, I also included ribbon on the sleeves. I found the felt flower brooches at a little craft shop and immediately thought of this fabric I’d had stashed away since last winter, but they could very easily be made. I think there is a How To on removing darts from patterns but due to my impatience I just folded the darts in on the paper pattern and cut the fabric from there. It’s getting warmer here but hopefully we’ll have a few more cold days so I can wear my dress!
Grey floral jersey fabric, red velvet ribbon, red and grey felt flowers
Save 40% on some of our most stylish patterns with the code BOXING2014
Sew in the new year with patterns that were 'the' patterns 2014! (we are also putting them on sale)
Member Project of the Week
She modified this coat wonderfully by adding length and changing the pockets and collar
Congratulations to addiemiller22 for winning, and now being the face of our Cascade Designer Dress!
Flaunt your sewing skills as well as your fab fashion sense in these modern, head-turning designs
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.