Added Aug 29, 2010
London, United K...
Something for me…. finally! And just in time to catch the last few days of summer. This dress was made using New Look Pattern no 6750. Its a mix and match collection of pieces and was pretty easy to follow and put together. The material I used was a cotton voile or so I was told. I have to trust other people’s judgement because I am still very much learning! Anyhows the fabric, although lovely was very sheer so I lined the skirt with some pale blue fabric that was the same.
I think in hindsight I could have done with increasing the bodice size a bit and I would like to try a stronger colour as I’m not sure that pale grey does me justice! Also the cute puffy sleeves, are a little bit tight around my arm. I didnt think to check that measurement! But Im chuffed that I managed to fit an invisible zip and moreso that I completed a dress for myself. Its all good practice. On to the next…yay!
Thanks to my fiancé for taking the photos and for the lovely day we spent in Brighton!
Cotton voile – dress and lining, red bias binding, invisible zip.
Member Project of the Week
She modified this coat wonderfully by adding length and changing the pockets and collar
Congratulations to addiemiller22 for winning, and now being the face of our Cascade Designer Dress!
Flaunt your sewing skills as well as your fab fashion sense in these modern, head-turning designs
Watch Meg's promo of our upcoming course! It is the future of at-home pattern drafting...
Pattern of the Week
The oversized shape has a cool bell shaped silhouette with a wide body and fitted sleeves
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.