Added Aug 6, 2013
Winter Park, Uni...
For this dress, I cut out the fabric for 2 simple shift dresses, one in the solid green, and one in a floral fabric (an old sheet), then I sewed them together. After I sewed them together, I drew the designs on the dress and then I sewed over my drawings. After that, I cut out the top green fabric with tiny scissors, careful not to cut the fabric on the bottom. It was a very time consuming process but I think it turned out really great.
Sewing & Techniques
Our popular swimsuit sloper is now available in PLUS size!
Member Project of the Week
Carlotta-Stermaria's ruffled dress is ready for wedding season.
Check out this sneak peel of this Thursday's live web seminar
Chat sewing inspiration with the instructor behind our mood board and fashion design course!
Enter to win weekly drawings and a fabulous grand prize!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.