Added Jun 25, 2009
I made these up really quickly for a particular need (a semi transparent pair of pants for a friend), but I’ve always wanted to make these. In the books they are called “French Knickers”, but in French we would call them “Culottes” and I prefer the latter name. I made these out of some scraps of Bamberg lining I had lying around. I developed the pattern using a couple of reference books. The culottes include a gusset, although the latter was not entirely successful on this first attempt – next time I’ll make the gusset longer.
Bamberg (rayon) lining, elastic, thread
Find out more about our three fabulous courses starting this week!
Choose from one of 5 popular dresses.
Member Project of the Week
Kick off party dress season with this cute greenery covered dress.
See Meg's picks and get them at a special price with an extra discount for Black Friday
Sewing & Techniques
See how Meg made this edgy dress using the Janome Artistic Edge Digital Cutter!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.