Added Jan 6, 2012
New York, New Yo...
This project is part of my quest for the perfect pjs, made here in some polyester satin that I bought by accident online some time ago. (Always double check the shopping cart from now on!) The goal was to make pajama pants that were comfortable and yet did not look like elephant pants (in reference to the rear view). Started out with McCall’s 5248, which I have used before and did not like. The original fit of the pattern was not good (on me) and the photo on the pattern envelope should have been a clue. Amongst other problems, the tapered legs are not flattering. So—for this version I straitened out the the legs and also added some depth to the crotch seam. I didn’t have enough fabric for full length pants and so I added the cuffs; still slightly cropped. The original pattern just called for a drawstring. I added sewn in elastic (wide), made the casing wider, and a wider drawstring that can be tied in a bow. They are almost perfect for my purpose. Will need a few fit adjustments yet before I make them again in silk.
polyester satin, 1-1/4" wide soft elastic, rayon thread for topstitching
We're wishing Meg a happy birthday with 50% off her favorite patterns.
Pattern of the Week
This boho lace top is the perfect piece to start wearing this time of year.
NEW on BurdaStyle Videos!
Becky MacKinnon will guide you through each step of sewing the stylish BurdaStyle Crossover Pant
How to Grow Your Creative Business: Expand Your Portfolio and Reach a New Market
Sashes, drape, and a wrap cardigan in mauve for pretty fall days.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.