Added Jan 6, 2012
New York, New Yo...
This project is part of my quest for the perfect pjs, made here in some polyester satin that I bought by accident online some time ago. (Always double check the shopping cart from now on!) The goal was to make pajama pants that were comfortable and yet did not look like elephant pants (in reference to the rear view). Started out with McCall’s 5248, which I have used before and did not like. The original fit of the pattern was not good (on me) and the photo on the pattern envelope should have been a clue. Amongst other problems, the tapered legs are not flattering. So—for this version I straitened out the the legs and also added some depth to the crotch seam. I didn’t have enough fabric for full length pants and so I added the cuffs; still slightly cropped. The original pattern just called for a drawstring. I added sewn in elastic (wide), made the casing wider, and a wider drawstring that can be tied in a bow. They are almost perfect for my purpose. Will need a few fit adjustments yet before I make them again in silk.
polyester satin, 1-1/4" wide soft elastic, rayon thread for topstitching
Member Project of the Week
Jaderbug is set to stun with a sequined mermaid skirt.
Sparkling styles for every fashionista in the premiere Winter 2014 issue of BurdaStyle US!
Learn how to to make a pair of leggings from start to finish in this week's new BurdaStyle Video!
Make something special and practical for your friends and family this holiday season!
Be the best dressed party-goer in a satin bustier top, patterned pants, and rosette textured dress.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.