Added Jan 3, 2011
This project started with a bolt of fabric that I found at the Salvation Army. It still had a thirty year old Sears tag on it and had a few moth holes eaten through it. Nevertheless, it has turned into a great jacket, which I’m quite proud of.
I modified the pattern by widening the neck into a V and then splitting the front down the middle. I lengthened it and curved the bottom of the front pieces out to the side seams. Then I sewed a wide band around the neck, front edge and back hem. Because the fabric was stiffer than I anticipated, I folded in the front edges to make them straight, making the band disappear and reappear. Because I have long arms and nothing is ever long enough, I made the arms extra long. Cozy and professional looking, which is a great combo!
Poly-Cotton knit (I think)
It's time to enter for our grand prize, an EX100 machine PLUS a trip to Nashville!
Pattern of the Week
A body skimming shift goes mod with graphic stripes and square neckline!
Three videos, a web seminar, and five patterns help you master stretchy stitching.
Try out menswear inspired wardrobe staples, like unconventional jackets and high waisted pants.
Find full size patterns for these, and other gorgeous styles in the spring issue!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.