Added Feb 13, 2010
Kapaa, United St...
This project was Challenging! I made it out of a retro pattern I bought a while ago from a garage sale. When I finally got around to making it I discovered that there was no instruction in it. Well there was one page of them labeled “instrucciones”, Yes that’s right the Spanish page and with no pictures! So the project once again got put a side for about a year, until this past week when I decided to put myself to the test. So I found a good Spanish to English translator on line, and got to work. Needless to say that didn’t help much, but i did learn a lot more Spanish. I managed to “MacGyver” my way through it especially because the pattern was for a blouse and skirt and I wanted it to be a dress. I’m very “Feliz” with how the dress came out and even added a vintage napkin for the collar.
“Costura Feliz” :)
cotton, vintage napkin, and fabric buttons
Member Project of the Week
EstherMarguerite modified this halter style with straps and a fun Hawaiian print.
4 weekly drawings, including a Grand Prize valued at more than $4,000!
Sign up for Meg Healy's tailoring course, now until 10/7.
Member Model Challenge
Voting had begun! Vote for your favorite dress to be the next face of a BurdaStyle.com pattern.
Fashion & Trends
See 3 dresses in new prints perfect for this season's transitional weather, plus a chance to win!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.