Added Nov 3, 2013
I made this blouse for the sole purpose of wearing it under my cello dress. It is made from a cotton/silk poplin and is self drafted. A first for me was making those sleeves: I have never sewn elastic straight onto fabric before. I can’t believe I never did that before, it was amazing! Originally, I was going to sew on three strips of elastic to each sleeve, but after doing the first two, I decided I liked the look as in. I honestly don’t like the way the shirt looks on me by itself, but it’s great under a jsk. Oh, I also sewed the button on using the sewing machine, and I loved it! I was so much faster than sewing by hand.
cotton/silk fabric, interfacing, elastic, buttons
Member Project of the Week
Kick off party dress season with this cute greenery covered dress.
See Meg's picks and get them at a special price with an extra discount for Black Friday
Sewing & Techniques
See how Meg made this edgy dress using the Janome Artistic Edge Digital Cutter!
No need to go outside… spend the morning in dolled up in this collection of vintage style pajamas.
BurdaStyle Magazine US
Get an inside look at the patterns from the first 4 issues of BurdaStyle US
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.