Added Feb 16, 2012
by Gabe Scelta
Brooklyn, New Yo...
Based on a combo of the Burda 8186bur suit trousers and my last work pant project (http://www.burdastyle.com/projects/work-bike-riding-pants). These came out great and the button fly really fit well. I added a green cuff lining to the bottom and green trim on the pockets.
Unfortunately, the fabric was not heavy weight enough for pants and the inner thigh / crotch area ripped as soon as I sat down. Sigh, it’s all a learning process I guess. I tried to patch it but it just got weird looking (weird bulgey crotch patch covered up the hole but didn’t help the look), and I don’t trust the fabric not to split in some kind of embarrassing public situation. So they’re not-for-going-out pants for now. Still, I like the way the cuffs and fly came out, so I’m posting it here as a reminder to think more about fabric weight and durability for something like this.
Corduroy that should have been much much heavier.
Member Project of the Week
She modified this coat wonderfully by adding length and changing the pockets and collar
Congratulations to addiemiller22 for winning, and now being the face of our Cascade Designer Dress!
Flaunt your sewing skills as well as your fab fashion sense in these modern, head-turning designs
Watch Meg's promo of our upcoming course! It is the future of at-home pattern drafting...
Pattern of the Week
The oversized shape has a cool bell shaped silhouette with a wide body and fitted sleeves
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.