Added Feb 16, 2012
by Gabe Scelta
Brooklyn, New Yo...
Based on a combo of the Burda 8186bur suit trousers and my last work pant project (http://www.burdastyle.com/projects/work-bike-riding-pants). These came out great and the button fly really fit well. I added a green cuff lining to the bottom and green trim on the pockets.
Unfortunately, the fabric was not heavy weight enough for pants and the inner thigh / crotch area ripped as soon as I sat down. Sigh, it’s all a learning process I guess. I tried to patch it but it just got weird looking (weird bulgey crotch patch covered up the hole but didn’t help the look), and I don’t trust the fabric not to split in some kind of embarrassing public situation. So they’re not-for-going-out pants for now. Still, I like the way the cuffs and fly came out, so I’m posting it here as a reminder to think more about fabric weight and durability for something like this.
Corduroy that should have been much much heavier.
Find out more about our three fabulous courses starting this week!
Choose from one of 5 popular dresses.
Member Project of the Week
Kick off party dress season with this cute greenery covered dress.
See Meg's picks and get them at a special price with an extra discount for Black Friday
Sewing & Techniques
See how Meg made this edgy dress using the Janome Artistic Edge Digital Cutter!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.