Added Feb 16, 2012
by Gabe Scelta
Brooklyn, New Yo...
Based on a combo of the Burda 8186bur suit trousers and my last work pant project (http://www.burdastyle.com/projects/work-bike-riding-pants). These came out great and the button fly really fit well. I added a green cuff lining to the bottom and green trim on the pockets.
Unfortunately, the fabric was not heavy weight enough for pants and the inner thigh / crotch area ripped as soon as I sat down. Sigh, it’s all a learning process I guess. I tried to patch it but it just got weird looking (weird bulgey crotch patch covered up the hole but didn’t help the look), and I don’t trust the fabric not to split in some kind of embarrassing public situation. So they’re not-for-going-out pants for now. Still, I like the way the cuffs and fly came out, so I’m posting it here as a reminder to think more about fabric weight and durability for something like this.
Corduroy that should have been much much heavier.
You could win a social spotlight or full year subscription.
Featuring great prizes and the Magic Pattern Book.
Take a peek at the new How-To page
ALL about Etsy
How to take your Etsy Shop to the Next Level: Boost Traffic and Sales
Pattern of the Week
This dress may have a simple silhouette but it consists of many panelled seams!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.