Added Nov 18, 2008
I bought this dress at Goodwill, and it was a size 10 and fairly shapeless to begin with. Using a fitted blouse as a comparison, I started by taking in the sleeves and then the sides to fit me. I basically just moved the seams in a couple inches. I also added two long vertical double-ended darts in the back to give it more shape. I left the front buttons, collar, and hem like the original.
This is the first time I’ve done something like this that turned out so well. I think part of the success was simply the ease of working with corduroy. Anyway, I love the color, and now it fits me really well. I’m really pleased with the outcome.
L.L. Bean (for the original dress!)
See Meg's picks and get them at a special price with an extra discount for Black Friday
Sewing & Techniques
See how Meg made this edgy dress using the Janome Artistic Edge Digital Cutter!
No need to go outside… spend the morning in dolled up in this collection of vintage style pajamas.
BurdaStyle Magazine US
Get an inside look at the patterns from the first 4 issues of BurdaStyle US
As an early special Black Friday promotion you can now enroll in the course ($80 value) for $49.99!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.