Added Apr 9, 2013
My second version of the Colette Laurel. I didn’t have enough fabric for the front so I pieced it from two different parts and used a mini ruffle to hide the seam.
The ruffles ended up being really thick so I had a tailor help me finish the top stitching.
The fabric is also very stiff and it shows off every fold and wrinkle so I will choose a softer fabric next time.
I wrote more on my sewing journal here: http://cathywu.com/journal/treadling/2013/04/09/maroon-tiny-ruffles-colette-laurel-help-from-barnaby/
Design your own dresses with the latest special price technique kit.
Check out these new costume sewing patterns for the whole family!
Member Project of the Week
EstherMarguerite modified this halter style with straps and a fun Hawaiian print.
4 weekly drawings, including a Grand Prize valued at more than $4,000!
Sign up for Meg Healy's tailoring course, now until 10/7.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.