Added Feb 28, 2009
I really only used Elaine’s ruffle for this, but that pattern inspired this whole creation. I used the bodice from a pattern I found in my mom’s stash from the ‘70s! I used sleeves from a different pattern (and shortened them to elbow length) and used Zahra’s Puff Sleeve How-To to give them the puff at the top.
Overall, I’m very impressed with this one because it’s the first I’ve made such HUGE modifications to patterns, using real techniques and my new French curve/design ruler. The bodice is fully lined with invisible zipper going up the side.
Yellow cotton (voile-like), yellow poly lining, invisible zip
Elaine, Zahra, and my mom’s pattern stash!
Design your own dresses with the latest special price technique kit.
Check out these new costume sewing patterns for the whole family!
Member Project of the Week
EstherMarguerite modified this halter style with straps and a fun Hawaiian print.
4 weekly drawings, including a Grand Prize valued at more than $4,000!
Sign up for Meg Healy's tailoring course, now until 10/7.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.