Added Apr 7, 2013
I had planned to make a coat for my daughter for a long time and finally I did it:)
I used pattern from Burda Magazine 11/2010 (model 147).
I have to say that I didn’t like the pattern, because all these gathers made her look like a pile of hay. So I had to remove the gathers and the excess of fabric. As I had already finished the welt pockets and the buttonholes, the only option I had was to make a seam next to the button band.
I think because of the manipulations the fronts started to hold up.
So I am not satisfied with this project – these imperfections bother me.
But my girl is happy with her new coat and next time I will use a better pattern.
See Meg's picks and get them at a special price with an extra discount for Black Friday
Sewing & Techniques
See how Meg made this edgy dress using the Janome Artistic Edge Digital Cutter!
No need to go outside… spend the morning in dolled up in this collection of vintage style pajamas.
BurdaStyle Magazine US
Get an inside look at the patterns from the first 4 issues of BurdaStyle US
As an early special Black Friday promotion you can now enroll in the course ($80 value) for $49.99!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.