Added Apr 7, 2013
I had planned to make a coat for my daughter for a long time and finally I did it:)
I used pattern from Burda Magazine 11/2010 (model 147).
I have to say that I didn’t like the pattern, because all these gathers made her look like a pile of hay. So I had to remove the gathers and the excess of fabric. As I had already finished the welt pockets and the buttonholes, the only option I had was to make a seam next to the button band.
I think because of the manipulations the fronts started to hold up.
So I am not satisfied with this project – these imperfections bother me.
But my girl is happy with her new coat and next time I will use a better pattern.
Tailoring a Jacket for the Perfect Fit and a Professional Finish
Pattern of the Week
Show a little leg in this sexy skirt with a thigh high slit!
In this Flagship Kit for only $19.99
The kids are sure to steal the show in this charming collection of classic, elegant pieces.
Member Project of the Week
She made this dress for her high school graduation, and it looks fab!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.