Added Apr 7, 2013
I had planned to make a coat for my daughter for a long time and finally I did it:)
I used pattern from Burda Magazine 11/2010 (model 147).
I have to say that I didn’t like the pattern, because all these gathers made her look like a pile of hay. So I had to remove the gathers and the excess of fabric. As I had already finished the welt pockets and the buttonholes, the only option I had was to make a seam next to the button band.
I think because of the manipulations the fronts started to hold up.
So I am not satisfied with this project – these imperfections bother me.
But my girl is happy with her new coat and next time I will use a better pattern.
Member Project of the Week
She modified this coat wonderfully by adding length and changing the pockets and collar
Congratulations to addiemiller22 for winning, and now being the face of our Cascade Designer Dress!
Flaunt your sewing skills as well as your fab fashion sense in these modern, head-turning designs
Watch Meg's promo of our upcoming course! It is the future of at-home pattern drafting...
Pattern of the Week
The oversized shape has a cool bell shaped silhouette with a wide body and fitted sleeves
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.