Added Apr 7, 2013
I had planned to make a coat for my daughter for a long time and finally I did it:)
I used pattern from Burda Magazine 11/2010 (model 147).
I have to say that I didn’t like the pattern, because all these gathers made her look like a pile of hay. So I had to remove the gathers and the excess of fabric. As I had already finished the welt pockets and the buttonholes, the only option I had was to make a seam next to the button band.
I think because of the manipulations the fronts started to hold up.
So I am not satisfied with this project – these imperfections bother me.
But my girl is happy with her new coat and next time I will use a better pattern.
Find out more about our three fabulous courses starting this week!
Choose from one of 5 popular dresses.
Member Project of the Week
Kick off party dress season with this cute greenery covered dress.
See Meg's picks and get them at a special price with an extra discount for Black Friday
Sewing & Techniques
See how Meg made this edgy dress using the Janome Artistic Edge Digital Cutter!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.