Added Nov 1, 2009
This is my little black dress. I used the Danielle pattern and made a few modifications (basically the same as the Maya pattern.) It is made from a black knit wool, so I had few seams and no closures, simple! the way I like my garments!
I left the sleeves off, made the skirt a bit more A line, shortened the hemline, and I chose to make an all in one facing. I have been itching to use that technique since I tried the Azalea pattern long ago. I also serged all seams so it is very neat and professional looking inside; also I wont have to worry about popping seams as I pull it on.
This dress is super comfortable and versatile, I am very pleased and will probably make another with a lower bust line and tighter skirt for date night!
ps, I passed over this pattern so many times until I saw erdronen’s version, versatility at its best!
pps! I got this fabric for a buck out of my favorite midtown dollar bin!
Meg's Magazine Mash Up!
Check out Meg's variation of our Drawstring Gym Shorts, and see how she made them high-fashion!
Meet this seamstress, mom, jeans lover, and the instructor of our digital pattern drafting course!
Pattern of the Week
This timeless style ties at the back and looks stunning at formal events
The results are in! Check out our winning submission.
Daydream about fall sewing with boho layers, oversized jackets, and a leopard pencil skirt.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.