Added Mar 16, 2013
I was hoping to finish this dirndl for Christmas, but missed and got it done right after new years. Ahh…, next year. It took me about three weeks to make the blouse, dress and apron.
I made a size 4 and it was really tight on my not-even 2 1/2 year-old. I had to work really hard to button all those tiny buttons done up on a squiggly girl. BTW, putting buttonholes on velvet is really hard. The material doesn’t feed well, so if you have wash away stabilizer, try that.
I didn’t know it until after I cut the material, but those cute blouses are only half blouses. Next time I’ll make a longer one so she can wear the blouse more.
The bodice back is a “V” and I had to cut the back piece in half as the directions called for. Next time I’ll make it a rounded back and keep it one nice piece.
The front of the dirndl dress has a slit and the pattern had a square notch. I took the pattern literally and worked really hard to put a nice square notch in, but now that I know what it’s for, would have preferred a slit.
Can’t wait to make a spring dirndl now!
Pattern of the Week
Show a little leg in this sexy skirt with a thigh high slit!
In this Flagship Kit for only $19.99
The kids are sure to steal the show in this charming collection of classic, elegant pieces.
Tailoring a Jacket for the Perfect Fit and a Professional Finish
Member Project of the Week
She made this dress for her high school graduation, and it looks fab!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.