Added Dec 15, 2012
I made this shirt in a few hours a few weekends ago, I used my basic bodice for this, and about a meter and a half of poly chiffon from my stash.
It’s kind of difficult to see the details of this shirt because of the busy fabric (it’s little leaves!) so I’ll give you a recap. I transferred the darts to gathers in the shoulder seam and gave the shirt a baggy look by widening the side seams by about an inch. The sleeves are basically the same width the whole way down (rather than tapering towards the wrist) which I gathered at the wrists and finished with bias binding. The sleeve caps are also gathered which took a little longer to sew with chiffon and IT’S SO FREAKING SLIPPERY but worth the effort (but maybe not.. can you ever tell they’re gathered? This pattern is so confusing)
For more information on all the mistakes I made while making the shirt, how I constructed the collar and other insights I had into the world of sewing (and non sewing) you can check out my blog post
BurdaStyle Project of the Week
Meg made this edgy variation of the Open Back Dress!
Pattern of the Week
This fitted jacket will keep you warm and stylish on those cool summer nights!
Dive back into 1956 with this stylish two in one pant suit pattern!
Member Project of the Week
Get inspired by printed floral bustier dress with flounce! It is so summery.
The style is cool and sporty beach wear that can be worn anywhere!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.