Added May 28, 2009
This was made out of an old bed sheet from Urban Outfitters. I stopped using it when I got married out of respect for my husbands masculinity, but I have been in love with the print from before I bought it.
I modified a pattern from a Japanese Pattern book to make it a bit more form fitting (side back pleats)
I am in love with the dropped sleeves found in a lot of Japanese patterns.
Cotton Bed Sheet, Fusible Interfacing, Stylish Dress Book
Stylish Dress Book, Urban Outfitters, and ER (I listened to the last season while working on this project!)
My Hunny for the pics on such an overcast day
Design your own dresses with the latest special price technique kit.
Check out these new costume sewing patterns for the whole family!
Member Project of the Week
EstherMarguerite modified this halter style with straps and a fun Hawaiian print.
4 weekly drawings, including a Grand Prize valued at more than $4,000!
Sign up for Meg Healy's tailoring course, now until 10/7.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.