Added Jul 25, 2012
Arroyo Grande, C...
This is a dress I made as a project for my Apparel Construction class earlier this year. I was inspired by a dress on 1940’s sewing pattern with diamond-shaped pocket flaps and I wanted to re-create it. I used a heavily modified Simplicity 2365. It is made from a gray cotton chambray, with yellow top stitching and black vintage buttons. You can read my post about this project on my blog, Scavenger Hunt: http://scavengerhunttheblog.blogspot.com/
Design your own dresses with the latest special price technique kit.
Check out these new costume sewing patterns for the whole family!
Member Project of the Week
EstherMarguerite modified this halter style with straps and a fun Hawaiian print.
4 weekly drawings, including a Grand Prize valued at more than $4,000!
Sign up for Meg Healy's tailoring course, now until 10/7.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.