Added May 6, 2012
i’ve been seeing lots of blouses lately on many stores’ displays, so i decided to make my own. and of course, “my own” would mean the fabric would be a printed one. this one seemed perfect, and i wanted it to be a falling/flowy one instead of a crisp & stiff one.
the pattern i used was Burda pattern no. 7936 (also available in Burdastyle), a fairly easy one..except for the fact that i chose to use polyester satin to work with it.
i modified the collar shape so it would be rounded instead. for the buttons, you probably can’t see it from these pics, but they’re actually 3 different types. my friends went to the flea market one day and got me a tube full of old buttons of all sizes & colours. i managed to find 7 that were somewhat alike, so those were what i used.
i had intended to make shorts from the same fabric, so when i use them together it would look like i’m wearing a playsuit. but of course i lost my lovely Burda pattern no. 7965, the one i used to make the Barbapapa shorts . so i traced one of my older shorts made using that pattern, which was a pain in the arse, but i managed to do it anyway (i believe). the result wasn’t too bad, i hope.
1,5m of polyester satin,
70cm of 1,5cm wide rubber band.
Find out more about our three fabulous courses starting this week!
Choose from one of 5 popular dresses.
Member Project of the Week
Kick off party dress season with this cute greenery covered dress.
See Meg's picks and get them at a special price with an extra discount for Black Friday
Sewing & Techniques
See how Meg made this edgy dress using the Janome Artistic Edge Digital Cutter!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.