Added Jun 10, 2011
Here’s a dress I made this week based on a dress that I saw on Glee, (yes I’m a Gleek.) I made it from an old lavender sheet that was lying around the house…no sheets are safe in my house. Haha. I painted the print on by hand using watered down acrylic paint. Acrylic paint work well as a dye and doesn’t come off in the wash. The dress is just a simple shift dress with a gathered skirt and an invisible zipper in the side for getting in and out of. I made my own pattern for this dress. I’m pretty pleased with the way it turned out. I hope you like it. :)
Cotton sheet, scrap fabric, invisible zipper, and acrylic paint.
Find out more about our three fabulous courses starting this week!
Choose from one of 5 popular dresses.
Member Project of the Week
Kick off party dress season with this cute greenery covered dress.
See Meg's picks and get them at a special price with an extra discount for Black Friday
Sewing & Techniques
See how Meg made this edgy dress using the Janome Artistic Edge Digital Cutter!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.