Candy Cane Cover/ Snowman Brooch
Added Dec 16, 2009
New York, New Yo...
When Ellen March, Editor of Sew News and Creative Machine Embroidery, sent us this super-cute idea for candy-cane covers, we knew we just had to add our own variation to it! Here are two great ideas for one project: candy cane covers and BurdaStyle’s pen (or crochet hook) brooch!Teach your little ones a few sewing basics by making these during the holidays, or give them as last-minute gifts!
Find the cute candy cane project and more in Sew It All, a new sewing magazine available December 29. 2009 at Shop Sewing District.
For both projects you’ll need:
- Two 3″×5″ Rectangles of White Felt
- Two 2" Squares of Black Felt
- Fabric Glue
- Hand-Sewing Needle
For the candy cane covers, you will also need:
- Two 10mm wiggle eyes (Or you could try embroidering the eyes)
- Carrot Button (Try embroidering the Carrot nose too!)
- 3 Black Seed Beads
For the brooch, you will need:
- 3 Small Buttons (Optional)
- 1 Small Safety or Bar Pin
- Creator (Candy Cane Cover)