Added Sep 2, 2008
I took the Anda pattern but sewed in about an inch from what I had estimated my size to be. I also added the two pleats in the front, attached a waistband in the front and the two tie bands for the back. It’s hard to see from the picture but there’s a bow tied in the back. The original high, flowy waist just didn’t flatter my figure, but I’m quite pleased with this variation. Also, I made the neck a bit lower as I had seen a comment about it being a little too tight on the neck. I’d like to make it again in nicer fabric, this is just Walmart for 4 bucks a yard. Also I think I’d take it in a little more from the armpits to the waist. For my first dress I’m really happy with it – let’s hope it doesn’t fall apart later! :-)
Member Project of the Week
Clothingengineer made a classic trench in Pantone's 2014 color of the year. Take a look!
Fashion and Trends
Check out this post all on menswear, and see how Meg was inspired to create her own men's shirts!
Learn how to set your serger up for sewing a rolled hem in this week's new BurdaStyle Video!
Perfect the art of sewing collars and stands, including tricks you won't find in books or patterns!
Sip cocktails by the fire in faux fur, patterned silks, and more luxurious fabrics.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.