Added Nov 30, 2011
I cut a size 12, and had to make a few adjustments to get the fit close to right (I made two muslins). I shortened the waist 1 1/4″ and the length by 2″ so that it would hit below my knee as opposed to mid-calf. I also ended up making the side seams a full inch to get this bad boy to hug my curves. I also tried to match the print at the center back seam, and inserted my first invisible zipper.
The adjustment I’m most proud of was figuring out how to lower the back 6″ and re-drafting the back facing to fit.
More photos and details can be found on my brand new blog DapperDuds
I used some emerald/ teal and gold brocade I found on sale at Joann fabrics (This hot little number cost me less than $20 to make).
Try out menswear inspired wardrobe staples, like unconventional jackets and high waisted pants.
Find full size patterns for these, and other gorgeous styles in the spring issue!
Meg's Magazine Mash Up!
Check out Meg's latest mash up of our Princess Seam Top, and see how she made it into a dress!
Member Project of the Week
Kelerabeus modified our Wool Shorts pattern with adorable scalloped edges.
Check out this step-by-step on sewing our edgy, asymmetrical, paneled dress!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.