Added Jul 5, 2013
Raleigh, North C...
This project was overall easy to follow and construct. There is a bit of handstitching to do for the bodice, which caused some procrastination. I used a twin needle for the hem – I find that gives a much nicer finish on knits. The bodice is underlined and lined, so there is a lot of material going on, but it ended up giving a snug, supportive fit. Just a peak at the finished project, but better than nothing. This pattern is out of print now, but I definitely recommend it.
Cotton knit purchased from Mood :)
Design your own dresses with the latest special price technique kit.
Check out these new costume sewing patterns for the whole family!
Member Project of the Week
EstherMarguerite modified this halter style with straps and a fun Hawaiian print.
4 weekly drawings, including a Grand Prize valued at more than $4,000!
Sign up for Meg Healy's tailoring course, now until 10/7.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.