BurdaStyle Ute Blouse
Added Apr 29, 2012
by Sew Hopeful
This was a quick and easy project, made up with just 1 metre of 60" wide voile. Overall, I love the pattern and intend to make up again with the tie collar. Next time I need to scale the sizing down one size at least in the bust area.
The pattern gives a really cool way of finishing off the neck with bias binding rather than facings which I have used on other patterns and love, its a very clean and neat finish.
The princess seams make it very easy to adjust (in my case, for a pear shape with a SBA). If I made this view again I would use a heavier weight fabric so it sits a little better. I used a cheap voile or poplin or something and it creases really badly, which makes the blouse look cheap.