Added Jan 29, 2013
Riding Style its very modern style. It started few years ago with riding style boots that became a must have for women wordrobe. So it begins with boots and then also classic riding outfit became a style. My favourite designers that express so great this style are Ralf Lauren and Tommy Hilfiger.
First when I saw the basic patterns, I knew Imadiately what my project will be: a ryding style outfit based on Jean stirup pants and Extra women sleeve ( penelope blouse from the book)
1. pants are made in strech jersey and iron buttons.
I changed the pattern little to have this shape:
- I cut 5 cm from waist line,
- I cut 2 cm from sides and 1 cm inside legs,
- gave up the side zipper cause fabrick its strech enough to not be needed,
- I added slit without zipper in front to make it look more as ridding pants and also belt bars
- on both sides from legs, I made a slit and sew iron buttons
2. the blouse its made in silk, satin tape and pearls shape buttons
the change that I made for this was to make the colar 10 cm, instead 3 cm as is was in original model (penelope blouse) and for this I changed the 30 deg angle from colar instruction to a 15 deg angle, measured 7 cm more on sides and draw a paralel line with the original colar line.
- instead of making bias tape from fabrick I used 1 cm satin bias tape for sleeves cuts and on cut from the back side
- I increased the original bodice patern on lenght with 10 cm, to have larges shape.
- the sleeves I increased with 7 cm to fall little over wrist
- on back side buttons I used 5mm satin tape for closing
- the ribbon its made on straight line fabrick 2,40 cm long and 60 cm wide, split in two.
- for the sleeves I sew 4 buttons on each one and 6 buttons on back side of the neck.
- I think the fabrick its too soft for serging so I used same satin bias tape for this and it looks so great and perfeclty clean look and perfeclty made
for styleing the riding outfit I made the hat special for this project. I needed of course riding style boots, matching belt for pants, pearl earings to match with beige silk from blouse and the stick that I bought from an antiques shop from Salsburg :-) had in mind this combination from the start :-) you can see it on fallowing link how I made the hat: http://www.burdastyle.com/projects/veiled-hat-for-sewing-contest-project
To be francly, I worked little bit hard for this project and prepared every detail as for an exam :-) I made everything my self, from outfit to photos and make up. I like chalenge and to test my skills and my imagination like this! I love this project and like riding style that its so on fashion!
The style is cool and sporty beach wear that can be worn anywhere!
Pattern of the Week
This pencil skirt is perfect for everyday wear! We love it in floral.
This collection will make you shine in front of the camera!
Member Project of the Week
Get inspired by this lovely coral dress with ties and bows!
DIY to Try
Make yourself a lovely hair band this spring!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.