Added Jan 29, 2013
Equestrian Style its very modern style. It started few years ago with riding style boots that became a must have for women wordrobe. So it begins with boots and then also classic riding outfit became a style. My favourite designers that express so great this style are Ralf Lauren and Tommy Hilfiger.
First when I saw the basic patterns, I knew Imadiately what my project will be: an equestrian style outfit based on Jean stirup pants and Extra women sleeve ( penelope blouse from the book)
1. pants are made in strech jersey and iron buttons.
I changed the pattern little to have this shape:
- I cut 5 cm from waist line,
- I cut 2 cm from sides and 1 cm inside legs,
- gave up the side zipper cause fabrick its strech enough to not be needed,
- I added slit without zipper in front to make it look more as ridding pants and also belt bars
- on both sides from legs, I made a slit and sew iron buttons
2. the blouse its made in silk, satin tape and pearls shape buttons
the change that I made for this was to make the colar 10 cm, instead 3 cm as is was in original model (penelope blouse) and for this I changed the 30 deg angle from colar instruction to a 15 deg angle, measured 7 cm more on sides and draw a paralel line with the original colar line.
- instead of making bias tape from fabrick I used 1 cm satin bias tape for sleeves cuts and on cut from the back side
- I increased the original bodice patern on lenght with 10 cm, to have larges shape.
- the sleeves I increased with 7 cm to fall little over wrist
- on back side buttons I used 5mm satin tape for closing
- the ribbon its made on straight line fabrick 2,40 cm long and 60 cm wide, split in two.
- for the sleeves I sew 4 buttons on each one and 6 buttons on back side of the neck.
- I think the fabrick its too soft for serging so I used same satin bias tape for this and it looks so great and perfeclty clean look and perfeclty made
for styleing the equestrian outfit I made the hat special for this project. I needed of course equestrian style boots, matching belt for pants, pearl earings to match with beige silk from blouse and the stick that I bought from an antiques shop from Salsburg :-) had in mind this combination from the start :-) you can see it on fallowing link how I made the hat: http://www.burdastyle.com/projects/veiled-hat-for-sewing-contest-project
To be francly, I worked little bit hard for this project and prepared every detail as for an exam :-) I made everything my self, from outfit to photos and make up. I like chalenge and to test my skills and my imagination like this! I love this project and like equesrtian style that its so on fashion!
Sip cocktails by the fire in faux fur, patterned silks, and more luxurious fabrics.
Fashion & Trends
See our picks for holiday parties, from brunch to a New Year's Eve bash!
Make something special and practical for your friends and family this holiday season!
Pattern of the Week
This slim-fit dress makes a perfect cocktail dress for this time of year!
Sweet dresses, an outfit for a doll, and cute embellishments are fun for the holidays!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.