Added Feb 8, 2013
Corte Madera, Ca...
I chose option 3 of the 3 options. This option allowed me to change the pattern to reflect my personal style.
This particular dress was sewn using the Jamie Sheath Dress pattern found in the BurdaStyle Vintage Modern Book.
The Jamie Sheath Dress boasts clean lines and is simply effortless.
Here I am hanging out with my most favorite actress ever! Doris Day! This photo was taken in 1966, in her kitchen. The Jamie Sheath Dress is a pattern that The Burdastyle Vintage Modern Book credits to the 1960’s. So how perfect is this?
I changed the Jamie Sheath Dress by:
1. Using 2 fabrics from my existing stash of fabrics. A bright green in linen and a fun geometric cotton fabric in green, navy and white.
2. I created more shape to the dress by adding double pointed darts at the waist and at the back.
3. I added interest to this dress by adding small flap pockets to each hip using the geometric cotton fabric to pull the whole look together. Each pocket was also adorned with a button.
4. The neckline of the dress was jazzed up by adding a small tab and button to each side. This added feature reminds me of those vintage dresses that have pretty and ornate clips on either side of the neckline.
5. I finished off the hem with a large helping of surface cording. I think that adds a bit of whimsy!
6. The last thing that I did to add interest to this dress is that I did a “photo shoot” with my favorite actress Doris Day. Oh what fun!!!!
Thanks for checking out my dress and its many pictures!
I used Cotton and Cotton Linen.
Take a trip down the aisle in these gorgeous gowns, or change the fabrics for a spring party dress.
Fashion & Trends
See a few of our favorite looks, and the Burda patterns we're inspired to make!
It's time to enter for our grand prize, an EX100 machine PLUS a trip to Nashville!
Pattern of the Week
A body skimming shift goes mod with graphic stripes and square neckline!
Three videos, a web seminar, and five patterns help you master stretchy stitching.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.