Added Jan 31, 2012
I eliminated the side zip and trims other than that I stuck to the original design. I did however make several fit alterations.
1" Full bust, I lengthened the bodice 1 “3/8” high round back ateration on the yoke. I made the sleeves bigger by doing a large bicep alteration of 1".
The blouse is better fitting on me ( the dressform is smaller in proportions than me) I made the bodice slightly longer so it would drape over the elastic waist better.
I used a delicate Cotton burnout , fusible interfacing on the cuffs and a small amoutnt of 1/4" elastic.
Find out more about our three fabulous courses starting this week!
Choose from one of 5 popular dresses.
Member Project of the Week
Kick off party dress season with this cute greenery covered dress.
See Meg's picks and get them at a special price with an extra discount for Black Friday
Sewing & Techniques
See how Meg made this edgy dress using the Janome Artistic Edge Digital Cutter!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.