Added Nov 21, 2007
Ithaca, New York...
This is dress 106 from the August issue, the one that “called for Vilene tape”. I ended up using fusible interfacing on the facing pieces, then after I was done sewing and wore it, the fusible sort of ripped because the fabric was so stretchy…so I removed a big part of the interfacing…I hope it will still stay…I also stay stitched the curves of the front pieces before pinning. Some new things I tried: 1. The stretch stitch function of my machine. (following burda instructions)— sews slow and gives almost no room for alteration(very dense stitches) but seams really are stretchy! amazing… 2. Twin needles for top stitch—didn’t master it…my sleeve hem are a little bit bulging and for the hem I tried half way then ripped it off and turned to hem tape instead. Overall, I like the curves on the front, the ruching details, but the dress came out a little bit long….I guess I’m petite sized. In the future I will remember to shorten dress hems when I cut :p
very stretchy medium weight cotton rayon jersey. fall/winter weight.
Burda WOF 08-2007-106
Go far afield in this collection of bib dresses, waistcoats, and wool jackets in textured fall fabri
Sewing & Techniques
Check out this jean alteration technique and find out how you can learn more!
Fashion & Trends
Three takes on how to wear a menswear essential.
Member Project of the Week
A gorgeous confection with a surprise peach chiffon layer.
Meet the colorful designer behind our upcoming fashion design course.
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.