Added Feb 17, 2013
Here is my version of dress #112 from the December 2012 issue of BurdaStyle. So glad it had step by step illustrations or this dress would never have happened.
I used a stiff cotton fabric (bazin) but after a few washes it should lose that plasticy coating and drape better. I hope.
I cut the largest size for the sleeves but they were too small for my arms so I left them out (plus i prefer sleeveless in any case)
I don’t think I did a good job on the “knot” part as it doesn’t look as nice as the model’s, but I am still very happy with it!
The biggest issue is I have extra space in the neck. I however would rather treat this dress as a muslin then rip out and re sew the zipper & facing… so for now I just let my hair down to cover up that extra poof.
I wrote more in my blog here: http://cathywu.com/journal/treadling/2013/02/18/burdastyle-122012-dress-112/
Member Project of the Week
Peneloping's hand beaded frock is a real stunner.
Make these brand new blouses and dresses in candy colored silk.
Sewing & Techniques
Check out this guide all about mini closure solutions!
Take a trip down the aisle in these gorgeous gowns, or change the fabrics for a spring party dress.
Fashion & Trends
See a few of our favorite looks, and the Burda patterns we're inspired to make!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.