Added Feb 17, 2013
Here is my version of dress #112 from the December 2012 issue of BurdaStyle. So glad it had step by step illustrations or this dress would never have happened.
I used a stiff cotton fabric (bazin) but after a few washes it should lose that plasticy coating and drape better. I hope.
I cut the largest size for the sleeves but they were too small for my arms so I left them out (plus i prefer sleeveless in any case)
I don’t think I did a good job on the “knot” part as it doesn’t look as nice as the model’s, but I am still very happy with it!
The biggest issue is I have extra space in the neck. I however would rather treat this dress as a muslin then rip out and re sew the zipper & facing… so for now I just let my hair down to cover up that extra poof.
I wrote more in my blog here: http://cathywu.com/journal/treadling/2013/02/18/burdastyle-122012-dress-112/
Save 40% on some of our most stylish patterns with the code BOXING2014
Sew in the new year with patterns that were 'the' patterns 2014! (we are also putting them on sale)
Member Project of the Week
She modified this coat wonderfully by adding length and changing the pockets and collar
Congratulations to addiemiller22 for winning, and now being the face of our Cascade Designer Dress!
Flaunt your sewing skills as well as your fab fashion sense in these modern, head-turning designs
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.