Added Feb 17, 2013
Here is my version of dress #112 from the December 2012 issue of BurdaStyle. So glad it had step by step illustrations or this dress would never have happened.
I used a stiff cotton fabric (bazin) but after a few washes it should lose that plasticy coating and drape better. I hope.
I cut the largest size for the sleeves but they were too small for my arms so I left them out (plus i prefer sleeveless in any case)
I don’t think I did a good job on the “knot” part as it doesn’t look as nice as the model’s, but I am still very happy with it!
The biggest issue is I have extra space in the neck. I however would rather treat this dress as a muslin then rip out and re sew the zipper & facing… so for now I just let my hair down to cover up that extra poof.
I wrote more in my blog here: http://cathywu.com/journal/treadling/2013/02/18/burdastyle-122012-dress-112/
Enter to win weekly drawings and a fabulous grand prize!
The lines of Greek architecture inspire this neutral and pastel collection.
Meg's Magazine Mash Up!
Check out Meg's variation of our Drawstring Gym Shorts, and see how she made them high-fashion!
Meet this seamstress, mom, jeans lover, and the instructor of our digital pattern drafting course!
Pattern of the Week
This timeless style ties at the back and looks stunning at formal events
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.