Added Feb 10, 2012
After countless muslins/toiles I finally got the fit right on this dress.
To read more about the project and process visit my blog!
Somehow these days I seem to make floral dresses exclusively but thats OK with me :)
This pattern was altered significantly from the original and I am looking forward to sewing something different now.
The blue floral fabric was around $5 a meter at a spotlight
The fabric I used for the collar is a cotton drill I got it on sale but its usually $11.95 for a meter.
The bodice lining is a poly/cotton lawn
Navy and black polyester gutterman thread (I always use polyester gutterman!)
1 black invisible 50cm zip.
I also used a little iron-on interfacing but I may not have needed too. It did add a lot of bulk. Perhaps the thing to do is to still add the interfacing but use a lighter fabric for the under collar.
Sewing & Techniques
Check out this guide all about mini closure solutions!
Take a trip down the aisle in these gorgeous gowns, or change the fabrics for a spring party dress.
Fashion & Trends
See a few of our favorite looks, and the Burda patterns we're inspired to make!
It's time to enter for our grand prize, an EX100 machine PLUS a trip to Nashville!
Pattern of the Week
A body skimming shift goes mod with graphic stripes and square neckline!
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.