Added Dec 30, 2008
When I found this velour, I was so anxious to start working with it. I had a boat-neckline dress on my mind for some time, and thought this fabric was the perfect choice for it.
The dress pattern was mix of two patterns and my alterations. The starting point was this m-sewing pattern, that I altered by cutting front panel on fold. Also, I made several fitting adjustments.
Then I made a large boat neckline and figured that raglan sleeves would be better than normal sleeves. So, the next alteration was to make raglan sleeves adjustments.
I used the tnt blouse pattern from the BWOF 10/2004, No. 116 (take a look at my Gold blouse) and added raglan sleeves adjustments making sure that the boat neckline I had previously made wasn’t changed. Here, I made some sleeves alterations – made them narrower.
Finally, I added a band to the neckline to close it a bit, since it was too open.
The fabric is a bit stretchy, so I can move my body easily even though the dress is very fitted. I didn’t add the lining, but I wear the dress with slip under it.
Velour, Invisible zipper, buttons
Member Project of the Week
She modified this coat wonderfully by adding length and changing the pockets and collar
Congratulations to addiemiller22 for winning, and now being the face of our Cascade Designer Dress!
Flaunt your sewing skills as well as your fab fashion sense in these modern, head-turning designs
Watch Meg's promo of our upcoming course! It is the future of at-home pattern drafting...
Pattern of the Week
The oversized shape has a cool bell shaped silhouette with a wide body and fitted sleeves
You must allow our "request for permission" request to login to Burdastyle with Facebook.